In my opinion article today, I discussed trying to create an even playing field for income dispersement which would allow congressman to actually feel like the people. Why do Democrats not run on using a populist idea? Democrats always argue to rescue the middle class, protect the poor, and using social safety net programs for the future.
What bothers me the most about movements like the Tea Party is that they represent business interests and not really the peoples interests. Think about it? Corporations will be effected the most by the Bush tax cuts being repealed, cap and trade will affect corporations who pollute a lot, and the new healthcare law makes employers by healthcare for all their employees. Most of these policies help the people, but go after corporations the most.
What people must realize is that the Tea Party Movement is libertarianism cloaked in conservative values. Privatizing most services is not necessarily a Republican idea, it a stronger libertarian value. Now, I am not saying that the Tea Party Movement does not have people with legitimate concerns, it probably does. What I want people to understand is where the ideologies of this movement come from, so they know where it is going.
To sum up my posts today:
1. My theme was be prepared
2. The Brackety-Ack is now online
3. My column was about narrowing the income gap
4. Jon Stewart is planning a rally
5. Nominating Elizabeth Warren is good overall, but bad politically
Thanks for reading my posts! Have a great weekend!
Does age make you worse as a judge. This judge from my home state is one of oldest judges at 103. You be the judge on the age question!?
Liberals are very good at utilizing humor to mock ideas of the other side. Sometimes it is malicious, but other times it is in plain fun. Jon Stewart and Stephen Colbert’s rallies are both mocking Glenn Beck’s rally that took place on 8/28. Why use humor?
I would say that it gives liberals a common cause. We live in a world dominated by clashing cultures. On the right, there are those who feel that their values are being destroyed. On the left, there are those who feel that taking down certain values and myths about the United States will help progress move forward.
Humor will be used at this rally to deconstruct the Beckian philosophical movement in America. It will also lighten the mood about “taking back our country.” More importantly, laughs will be had and maybe we can put all this nasty feuding behind us.
President Obama might be planning to nominate Elizabeth Warren to the new Consumer Protection Agency. She would be in a czar-like position, so she could skip senate confirmation. I do agree that Warren should be the head of the agency, since it was her idea. I also feel that this is bad politically for Obama.
1. Gives Republicans Momentum: Republicans are already running a platform of the government bypassing congress and executive order being the standard procedure (despite how much it was used during the Bush era). For the mid-term elections, this could be bad for the Democrats. It will make them look like they really want to jam their agenda down our throats.
2. Czar is a Scary Word: The “czar” position was actually coined by Ronald Reagan, but people have been seeing this word as another step in the global socialist takeover. He should probably say “executive advisors” or “agency advisors” it sounds much less off putting in this political climate.
On the plus side, I do like the president’s stance to just nominate Warren. It shows that he is starting to take initiative, which Americans like in a leader.